Fabric Tuesday 8/9/11

My chatelaine redo is done!  I first had to get a pattern for the square - it had to measure 3" square to fit in the space.  Then I had to make a copy of the logo that was 2 1/2" square to be centered in that space.  Fiddled with the logo on Publisher until I got it to the right size and then printed it out.  Then I had to cut it out very careful.  I then found a piece of batik in the color I wanted and ironed steam a seam to its back.  Then taking my template that I cut out, I traced the logo (a raincross) unto the steam a seamed fabric .  With very sharp scissors, I cut out my logo.  I took off the paper and fused it to the center of my 3" square.  Next I ironed a piece of freezer paper to the back of the square to be my stabilizer, and then zig-zag around the symbol with matching thread and bingo I had my square.  I was able to machine stitch one side but all the others had to be done by hand with a blind stitch.  Now I have to decide if I want to put any lettering on it.  I think I'll wait on that and see what others say.  Would be very small.  But our logo is very distinctive and I don't think there are any other guilds with this symbol so may speak for itself.  Oh yes, that's our pin on the right side over my name.

Go on over to the Fabric Tuesday button on my left sidebar and see what others are post at Quilt Story for their fabric tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Love your fabric ! and a beautiful chatelaine.
    hugs
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I like it. I think it is unique enough that you wouldn't need to add any lettering on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...