Saturday Quilty Tip # 1

Many of you probably know this, however, if not, here goes:  When you are making oodles of nine-patches to set in a quilt top, press the inner seams toward the center of the block, whether dark fabric or not, like so:

See how two seams of the blue are toward the sides and two are now toward the center? That way when you sew them together you can rotate one block so that the seams will always nestle together.  If the seams were all facing outward (as in the first block in the photo below) you won't be able to get them to nestle together to get perfect corners.
Do you have a tip to share?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...