Favorite Flower on Friday

I wasn't sure I was going to have a flower for this week, but on my return from 6:30 AM Mass, I found these next to my carport:
See the thick plant to the left of the blooms - that's a euphorbia and is not the plant associated with these flowers.  They come from those skinny, thin pads you see on the right.  I don't know how they hold them up.
 These also are early morning bloomers, and they like to hangout in the under canopy of taller plants.
I love those swirly stamens with hairlike filaments. Click on the photo and you'll see how the sun highlights them.
Here you can see how they are attached to their thin scalloped stems.

I'm linking to Tootsie's Flaunt your Flowers and Shay's Favorite Things Friday.  Be sure to visit to see more favorites.

8 comments:

  1. Angie,
    I love your early morning bloomers!! What a glorious flower! Our tall cactus (not sure of name)by the driveway, had several large white blooms open this morning, but the weight was too much for a couple stalks. They broke off and fell over. Sadly! Yet the booms continue to look wonderful! Frank would know the answer to that.
    Thanks for the posting.
    Hugs,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers, look very Hawaiian and succulent. Beautiful. Love the look of your whole blog. very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen these before. They sort of remind me of passion flowers. I like your favorite thing today, for me flowers are a favorite every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty flowers. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty flowers. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glorious!

    I spent the weekend at my parents and my Mum is an avid gardener. Between you and her you may convince me yet !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing flower. So wonderful to have something like this to wake up to. Love the delicate stamens.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...