Design Wall Monday 2/4/13

I'm ready to post something.  After spending the best part of last week trying to get my new computer to resemble a more equivalent of what I had on the old one, I think I am close.  I will have to keep learning how to do things on Windows 8  - and it's a rather steep learning curve - but at last I know how to upload, correct and resize photos so I can post them.  Phew!  Moral of story - wait until the first service pack comes out on a new operating system.  I knew that, but did I wait? - Nooooo!

On my design wall is that 1997 UFO being readied to quilt the borders.  I found a motif by Mary Covey that I am going to use. 
 
I really like this product - this is the third motif I have used from this group. It's a pattern packet, not a book.  I'm going to be on the lookout for volumes one and two.  I did some free motion quilting in the center square.  The borders will be quilted using the freezer paper method
 
 
I laid freezer paper over the template and traced the feather onto the freezer paper.  I cut it out. I'm using the 3 1/2" border template.  Here it is pressed onto the border.
 
 
I'm linking over to Judy's Patchwork Times and Lyn's BOMs Away.  Go on over and see what others are going to be working on this week.
 



10 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really into the quilting part now. Do you mark around the freezer paper or can you sew around it? Can't wait to see the results. Glad your computer is minding you better....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your border design! It will frame this wonderful quilt perfectly :*) I will have to keep my eyes peeled for this series of quilting designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt border. Mary Covey has been my favorite long arm quilter for over 15 years. I have sent many quilts to her and always been amazed at the results. Her work is beautifully done. I have one of her Quilt in the lines books...vol 1 ....I think. She is a lovely person as well as a fabulous quilter. I can't wait to see your quilt border quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, you traced it while it was that teensy?? On freezer paper and then cut it out?? I'm thinking crazy lady!! LOL I thought those were meant to be enlarged... LOL you know for us blind people..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That feather border is gorgeous!! I just tried some freehand feathers yesterday, and it was an utter disaster. I decided I need to do something like what you've done and really get the forms into my muscle memory by tracing before I'm ever ready to do them free-hand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful idea..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh that looks like a lot of work but it will be beautiful! Glad to hear Windows 8 is getting better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may have one or two of those books. I will look for you when I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the idea about the freezer paper. What a great idea. XX Kathleen http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...