Hexie Weekend again!

Friday's seem to come around faster and faster! Where did the week go?  First off, the winner of last week packet of  the 100 paper hexie templates (3/4" sides) is Sally of Sally's Quilts.  Congratulations, Sally.  I'll send you an email shortly and once I have your snail mail, I'll send them out to you.  I have another set ready to go to another linker to this week's linky party.  If you can't use the 3/4" sided hexies, give them to a friend and start them off on their hexie journey.


I got a little farther with my Souçon quilt.  I decided my part 5 was going to have diamonds in the border. Hmm. I wonder if it is significant that I'm working on both part 5s of LE and Soupçon?


Anyway, I discovered that I had to change my glue sequence in order to make it easier to turn the seam allowance on these babies.  Instead of going around the hexie  I need to do two opposite sides as you see here.

 That template was part of an ad and that's why it looks oddly colored, but it worked fine.
 Then to do the other two opposite side, I placed my finger nail where the template reaches a point in the acute angle tip and cut the triangle off just after my fingernail.  You don't have to cut at the other angle as it is an obtuse (greater than 90) and the seam allowance won't be a problem. Apply the glue at each corner going toward the center and fold over.  You'll have very little to turn under with your needle to make a sharp point. See photo below.

So this is what I decided to do with my hexie flowers and the diamonds:

What do you think? The corner concerns me, so please let me know,  and be sure to link for the giveaway.   You don't have to do a new post - any post with eye candy will do - we love eye candy.  The linky is below; ends Monday, midnight. Good luck in the giveaway.
I'm linking to Richard's Link it up Friday and Sarah's Whoop Whoop Fridays. See you there.

11 comments:

  1. I like the corners. Let's you know which way to go....Grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful project! The corner looks great! Have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good. I wouldn't have done anything different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you have. I am finishing mine off after the first border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I think you chose the right color (i.e. the yellow/orange) amid your fabrics for the diamond in the corner. Your yellow/orange fabric is evenly spaced, which is quite pleasing to the eyes. Mine, at least! ;-)
    I'm not sure what your concern is about... Can you tell me more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angie - I love the direction you are going with the diamonds. I think it is an effective design but the diamonds curve out to the outer corner so I think what I would do is make sure that the dark blue small diamonds are straight and then just make the corner connecting diamond a little smaller so that it fills the space. I really love the layered diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the borders, those are really tiny diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your border plan looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie, those diamonds are a perfect addition! so much better than just more hex flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...