Applique Tuesday

I finished my six mug rugs. Again I had to take
a photo at night and I didn't compensate for the conditions, so what should be green shows as blue in this photo.  Maybe tomorrow morning I'll try to take a better photo.  However Alan is here for the day and we're going to get the car lubed.

These leaves were made using the freezer paper and starch method.  I removed the freezer paper once the starch was dry, so I didn't have to cut the background fabric away.  I used a varigated thread in fall colors to machine applique them to the background using a zig-zag stitch. Then I stitched around the shapes and stitched leaf lines up the spine and out to the areas to make them look more like leaves all with my walking foot. It was easier than I thought.  The front is 5 1/2" square and the background was is a 7 1/2" square.  I brought the background fabric to the front to make the binding.  These were quick and easy doing by assembly line.

What are you up to?  I'd love to see your eye candy.  Leave me a comment and I'll come over and see what you've been working on.

Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. love these think I might have to have a go, I have a roll of never used freezer paper, time I worked out what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just crazy, how different the colors can come out via the camera? Love your leaves - they really turned out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue or green they look great. Mug rugs are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice, a matched set! They look really good. I'm not doing any applique, not for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely little mug rugs! Love the pretty autumn colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of mug rugs, the colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I just love these leaf mug rugs, I am a huge fan of the fall colors and well these leaves just make me smile. great job I may just need one for my coffee cup in the sewing room!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...