Some Slow Sunday Stitching

My goal today is to get these two blocks done during this Slow Sunday Stitching.

Only have about 4 inches to do on the Dresden one and the two leaves on the flower. I had forgotten all about the flower block as it was in my traveling kit. I haven't had to go to a Dr appt in so long, it wasn't getting finished. But first I need to sandwich two baby quilt tops, so I'll have something to quilt this week.

I'm working out a setting for my Splendid Sampler blocks and used .39 yds so far.  Also made three leader and ender blocks, so there went another .15 yds from my scrap stash.   I'm up to YTD total of 43.70 yds de-stashed.

Linky party and giveaway still open - see side bar.  What are you up to this fine day? Leave me a comment and I'll come by to see what you shared.

8 comments:

  1. The Dresden block is very interesting and beautiful. Love how it blends in with the background. Very well done. Enjoy the stitching. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Dresden plate block too. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you to make progress on your hand stitching today. I was not so lucky. I'm still putting together the blocks for a QOV quilt so worked on my machine and no hand work today. I do miss having some hand sewing to pick up, but my knitting is taking that place right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is great how the boat is framed in the second block and the dresden plate always makes a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like the block where you used the fabrics to frame the picture - really fun!

    You've got me clicking around a lot to see your projects and posts!

    : )
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both. You have been sewing up a storm this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the flower block. Bright and summery looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you made some progress with your stitching... love your creative version of the dresden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...