Two projects done

I found a use for those two Louisiana blocks. Instead of a quilt for my son's car, I made them into placemats for my friend, Bette, whose birthday falls on Feb. 14th. Happy Birthday again, Bette, if you are reading this. The placemat behind the first placemat is the showing the backing I used for them. The second project I whipped through (another 6 hour quilt) is a grandma's quilt for my friend who is now a grandmother of 3. We're having a sort of shower for her and giving things grandma might find handy to have on hand when the little ones visit (lol- or not so little ones). The idea for this quilt came from a book called Lickety Split Quilts for Little Ones. Most of the quilts are made from big (15" and up) blocks. That's my mom holding the quilt for me. I wanted to use this cute frog fabric for the back, but I didn't have enough, then I found a stripe I'd thought would do with it. So I used it after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...