Fabric Tuesday/WOW/WIP WED

/WIP
blks for 3rd VA quilt
1st VA quilt
It's still tuesday here for a few hours and here's what I have been working on and will be my WIP tomorrow on Wednesday.  I'm assembling another VA quilt.  These have to be around 36 by 42-45" as they will be used on laps and wheelchairs.  Any bigger and they caught in the wheels.  The first one I made was using the tube method.  The second was from a pattern our challenge chair at the LQG gave us (it's at the quilter now).  This third is an adaptation of a baby quilt made by Natalia of Piece n Quilt .  I had to make it differently because I had to cut the fabric in order to get the most pieces out of it that I could.  There wasn't enough of the green,  so I went scrappy.  It looks better with the black - I'll show you some rows tomorrow.

What's your fabric story?  Go over to Fabric Tuesday by Quilt Story, Connie's Linky Party TuesdayWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, and Esther's WOW to see what others are doing.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to see quilts been made for people who need them and will come to love them. Just a quick question Angie what is the tube method????? really like those first blocks they look like a lot of fun. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Sharon V get so many projects finished. I've been in the sewing room a lot today. I embroidered to '+' signs on my pumpkin windows (eyes), machine stitched to nose, and 1/2 the tree. That's it! Slowwww. I have played with Elly....grin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful that you are making quilts for folks in wheelchairs. My father-in-law was wheelchair bound before he died. How wonderful it would have been for him to have one of your quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project and thank you for the tip on the correct size to make, that makes sense.Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...