Applique Thursday Blues 7/26/12

This is as far as I got; didn't finish, so I'm singing the blues.  Seems like my camera is too as those stems are really green (well, teal) but not way so blue as they seem in the photo at right.  As you can see I did get the hand done.  I added a ring to it.  Also I made the letter under the leaf to look more like an "O".  I'm sure you can guess what the word will be.  I've decided to call this quilt (at least my version):  Angie's Anniversary Garden.  I still have a flower, two letters and two leaves to add.  They are prepped and ready to sew down.  But alas, I have no time.

The good news is I did finish just after dinner the quilt I'm gifting Saturday.  So now I just need to buy a book (the hostess has suggested we buy a book for baby's library instead of a card) and wrap it and I'm all done with that first baby quilt.

The winner of last week's 5" batik charm is Melissa Corry. Congrats! I'll be sending out your charm shortly. Another is waiting for someone. All you need to do is comment or link to have a chance for it to be yours. Or do both and have two chances. Submissions end Sunday night.

Because I love eye candy so much, I'm linking to Melissa's Try New Things. I do so like to TNT - like that ring for instance. Melissa is sharing a great FMQ motif - check it out.

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of gifting a book for babies library... and I'm sure Baby will love the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so much excited after reading your blog. Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your applique is so amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The appliqued hand looks perfect. I also like the idea of books instead of cards. Congrats on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet block. I like the added ring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Melissa! She's a doll.

    This block is looking good. I especially like the leaf on the upper left. (Funny how we pick favorite aspects, right? I used to love our dog's left ear, which was especially speckled.)

    I think giving books at a shower is a great idea. Once I asked people to give books that had special meaning, and to write a note explaining what that was--something they'd loved, or loved to read to their kids, or remembered their mother acting out the parts, etc. It becomes part of the "story" of the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea to gift a book! Your block is looking wonderful! I also received my beautiful purple batik charm block, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your applique block is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep thinking I'll participate; but Thursday rolled around and I had no opportunity to get on the computer...maybe next week. I love your hand with the wedding ring on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...