Design Wall Monday 7/9/12

There are two things new on my design wall.  I've been invited to two baby
showers - one in late July and one in the middle of Aug, so I have to drop everything and make three baby quilts.  Yes, one of them is having twins -both girls, and the other decided not to find out. I'll have to be creative and find something suitable for a boy or girl.  Of course I have to shop for these - LOL.  I just won't count as part of my stash as they are never even going to be part of it.  The fabric is going right from the store to the cutting table.  One mom really likes fall colors, so I got this cute collection call Ten Little Things by Jenn Ski for Moda.  I've decided to sash it in green. Hope she likes it. I love the cute little owls.

Secondly, I've finished my first Anna's Garden block and started prepping the second.  I'm hoping if I do a little each day, I'll be able to make a block a week -praying that's not too great a task. 

I'm linking to Judy's Design Wall Monday and Lyn's BOMs Away!  Do check out all the eye candy there.

9 comments:

  1. Nothing like deadlines. I adore the Ten Little Things. I bet this will be a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those owls are just too cute!!!! The baby(s) will love them :*) And you've done a great job on your applique block. I would never finish a block a week, so I really admire your resolve. I'm pulling for you to succeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking nice there with the Anna's Garden work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks. Love the flower block. Owls are so cute, the babies will love their quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still lovin' your applique blocks. I love the owl fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby quilts are so fun! And Ten Little things certainly lots of fun! Love the fussy cut owls, agree they are way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those owls! So cute. Beautiful block for Anna's Garden. I had to go look it up. Now I want to do it too. What a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Garden block is fabulous! Have a great time making the baby quilts - I think they're so fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice to do quilts for all those babies. I would have loved it if someone had given me quilts when my twins (now 43) were born.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...