Design Wall Monday 3/18/13

I'm babysitting tomorrow -all day, so I'm posting this early.  Up on my design wall is the next row of the BOM quilt waiting to be attached to the QAYG sandwich - no joining strips on this one and a solid backing. Here's what I did Sunday:
I took the sandwich part to the machine.  Here it is as I got ready to start earlier today.  As you can see I don't have a lot of quilt around the machine.  It's amazing how less there is to push around with only have of the batting in the way.  I decided to echo quilt a few times around the cross and quilt cloud shapes in the sky.  Since our Mt. Robidoux is rocky, I made large pebbles on the mountain.
Here you see that finished block and the next one I have to work on.  I decided to make wavy lines on the sky to denote wind and straight lines with an occasional plant in the beige areas to represent our semi-desert terrain around Riverside.  The diagonal element is the Gage canal that runs through the region and brought water to the Riverside orange groves.  Last to do is the Navel orange - first grown in Riverside.

What's on your design wall?  Go on over to Judy's Patchwork Times and Lyn's BOMs Away and see what others are working on. 

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...