FMQ this Weekend

You may remember I did a major shift in my sewing room to make room for a new machine. Well, I was successful and now trying to reduce all the stuff in there.  Yesterday, I spent an entire day sorting through one box!  And I still have 16 more to go!  One day at a time, one day at a time.  Sigh.  In going through the box I found a quilt top I had made maybe 10-12 years ago that actually was partially sandwiched - had the batting.  It's just a mini - 22" square - and was the first mystery quilt I made as a blogger.  I belonged to The Quilting Post at the time - a great group - and they held this challenge.  I seem to remember it may have been for New Year's Day - or Super Bowl Sunday - not sure. Anyway, I didn't have a big stash then, and I was determined to make the quilt. So I chose to make a miniature that would fit the amount of fabric I had. Here it is:
 The dark fabric is really chocolate brown, not black.  I was going to stitch every seam, but in doing just the stars and the brown diamond shaped units - it was pretty much quilted. I did loops in the outer border.
However I outsmarted myself. I picked a thread that so matched the front and back that you can hardly see that it's quilted.  Choosing thread is the hardest part right now for me.  And it's just not only quilted in squares - LOL.

I'm linking to Richard's Link a Finish Friday and Sarah's Can I get a  Whoop, Whoop? as I finished my first Christmas gift and a UFO at that! Do go to both - they have giveaways.  Sarah's is  giving away quilts!

10 comments:

  1. What a cute little quilt....and finish. When you open the box with UFOs in it, and you find you just don't want to finish them and have lost interest, what do you do? I've unpacked enough that I've found a mountain of UFOs. Some are just blocks that I've cut (like tumblers) and others have more work in them. Some I want to work on.....others, not so much. Hope you keep showing your "finds".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Angie... What a beautiful little piece - not only did you quilt it yourself, you finished a UFO! Whoop, Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you to tackle that UFO and have a finish! I hear you on the unpacking one box ALL day...sigh. It's not just the computer vortex where we get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finish. Those blocks must be mighty small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job, Angie! I love the choice of fabrics!! In fact, I have the background floral print in my stash. And, I believe I bought it from Jo-Ann's about 12 to 15 years ago. Now, what to do with it?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great little quilt! I'm glad you found it and finished it. You could even have that size for a table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that selecting thread is the most difficult part, especially when the fabric to be quilted is a print! Can't wait to see what you find in the 16 boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation to both ;-) having christmas pressies DONE that early must feel soooo good ;-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...