A Trunk Show--

Soma of Whims and Fancies is having a virtual trunk show. What a great idea! There are even prizes besides all the wonderful eye candy one can see.  Here are a few of mine:
First Quilt of Valor:
Quilted by another QOV volunteer.

 First Home of the Brave quilt
 Given to Don Beld to pass on to a soldier's family.

 First commission quilt I made. This was a baby quilt requested by my neighbor.

 First Service Star quilt for a family who at the time had three sons in the Service.

 First BOM quilt.  This was a Beth Ferrier mystery quilt. I made it for my daughter's 35th birthday.  It took me two years.

 First pillow cover I made.  Went to my Mom. She has it on her sofa.

 First cancer patient quilt.  I asked for blocks from my Guild for a fellow quilter. Then I took the blocks and made a top and quilted it. This was the first time I made a different border of my chosing.

You can see more trunk shows by going to Soma's link party here:
Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And Fancies

 Show and Shares are my favorite part of guild membership, and trunk show are my favorite lectures.  At Soma's I get to go see quilt collections any time I like!  Share with us. I'd love to see your quilts.

24 comments:

  1. So many beautiful quilts, thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many lovely pieces to show for Veteran's Day. I really like your BOM quilt. The colors are fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Beth Ferrier quilt the most but they are all awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "theme" of your trunk show, Firsts! So many generous and beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts, I enjoyed going through them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Showing your "firsts" was a great way to choose which quilts to show. They are all beautiful and the recipients all so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to make it a post of firsts! I enjoyed seeing every one of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of beautiful firsts here - my favorite is the BOM quilt. Also absolutely love the elephant quilt you showed in a previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it that you showcased your firsts and they are a beautiful bunch! Thanks so much for sharing.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bunch of quilts and that BOM is stunning!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure every these quilts are happy with their new owners and what a great way to bring some warmth to those who could use a hug! Although it's hard to pick a favorite the cancer quilt stands out for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful quilts! I love that BOM...so much work, but gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing all your "firsts." This leads me to believe that they were followed by many others, which means there are a lot of happy people using quilts you made.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great trunk show. I particularly like the Home of the Brave quilt because it has such a strong graphic design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very impressive trunk show. That BOM is gorgeous and your other quilts turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing. I particularly enjoyed the BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilts in your trunk show. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, beautiful variety of creative work! That BOM of the month was worth the time it took...I'm so daugther cherishes it:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful your quilts are! I really admire your Quilts of Valor and can't imagine the hours you put in to make the BOM!! It is gorgeous!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many lovely quilts! I just love the quilt you made for your daughter, and the military quilts must have special meaning for the recipients. Thanks for sharing these!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed looking at your quillts. They are all lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely your quilts are being enjoyed by others. You have stitched beautiful quilts. I love, love, love your daughter's BOM. The detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...