Some of This; Some of That

My last stash report for 2015:  I weeded 7 yards from my stash to give to my Guild's Pay N Take corner.  I used .02 yd of fabric to make hexies for my latest hexagon project.  That brings me to a YTD total of 103.35 yards  de-stashed.  I have exceeded my 100 yard de-stashing goal.  Yeah!

What with the holidays, I didn't get as much done on my hexie project as I hoped, but did manage to make 2 rosettes for the next round. I put together the rosettes first making vertical rows and then attaching the three rows together.  In this instance, they seemed to go together faster than sewing on a noodle of hexies - at least that was my impression.



The other project I was working on was a set of ornaments that I will finish by Dec 30th  for the Holiday luncheon of our old Co-Op group.  We've been meeting monthly for the last 37 years. So I can't miss it.  I'll show them to you later this week.  More hand work that has kept me busy as I convalesce.  I'm linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching. Are you slow stitching?

Despite the hip (which everyday is getting a bit better - Praise God!) we attended 4 festivities - 4 in 4 days that is and a bit tiring- so had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did, too!  Looking forward to visiting you in the coming quilty NEW YEAR - 2016.

Blessings from
Angie in SoCal

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting your stash management goal, more than 100 yards out is very impressive. Hope you get a chance to rest and stitch a bet before the new year kicks off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on reaching and overtaking your goal of stash using. Good to read the hip is healing, my SIL broke hers 7 weeks ago and then spent Xmas in hospital had a stroke caused by a very narrow artery in her neck, op was a success on boxing day so hopes to go home today and is looking forward to a Christmas dinner, hospital food here is pretty appalling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--that is an amazing de-stashing feat--congrats! I bet it feels pretty good. Hope your hip is better everyday--take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing better Angie! Your hexies are growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad to hear all the great news. Nothing seems to hold you back and that is wonderful. Have a very blessed couple of days that are left for this year, and looking forward to all you share in 2016. Happy New Year Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay on the stash! I'm glad you were able to get out and do so much, but I hope you are resting up a bit since then. =) Your hexagon project is looking very attractive to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...