New Design Wall

Some of you readers know that I was looking to redo my design wall.  Thank you to all who gave suggestions of what to use.  By far, most of you said to use flannel.  I did. Jo-Ann's had white solid flannel on sale, so I bought two yards, Then put it aside - 2 weeks of vacation started the next day. Now back, and able to continue my redo, I straighten the edges of my fabric - measures now 44 x 68.
And DH helped me staple it to my stash bookcase.
I use my design wall also as a cover for my stash to keep it from fading as across from it are two large south facing windows.  To try it out I started another St. Anne's scrap bag baby quilt top.
This also qualifies as a WIP as the blocks are made from scraps from other baby quilts from about 4 years ago. Not on my challenge list (that was a no show this month with all the vacationing), but Yeah!  another WIP top about to be done.  I still have another border to add to it to make it the 35 - 36" square required size.  I'll be linking to some parties - see the tab below the header for more fun quilt browsing.

What are you up to?

5 comments:

  1. I like your new design wall, and also a benefit is that it shields your stash from sunlight.

    Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays this week. Would you mind editing your post by adding a link back to http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com within your post somewhere? It helps quilters who check out your Design Wall Monday post to be able to link back to my blog and then look at the next design wall. Thanks!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. good design wall you have here and protecting fabrics at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great idea, to make a design-wall curtain for your stash. Some of my earliest pieces in my stash have to be fussy cut, as I wasn't aware in my first quilting days of how much window-sun could bleach them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative way to protect your fabric stash! Enjoy using your design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when something does double duty like your design wall. Even though I live in a more northern latitude, I worry about the sun fading my quilts on the bed and change them a lot, as well as close the blinds in the very late afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...